Building on a Strong Foundation.
With more than 100 manufacturing operations across Sumter County, representing more than 4,000,000 square feet of manufacturing space, about 8,200 local employees earn 20% more each year than service-sector employees. From Kaydon to Caterpillar, our existing industries have a long track record of adding value to our community in a low-cost, high-productivity environment. Sumter Economic Development's Business Retention and Expansion program is a comprehensive, proactive and responsive effort that seeks to make manufacturing in Sumter County efficient and productive.
- To build relationships with existing businesses through open communications and visitations;
- To demonstrate and provide support for local business by acting as a liaison between the business and government agencies;
- To address urgent business concerns and issues;
- To help businesses improve communications with the local community; and
- To find ways to retain businesses and jobs.
- To increase the competitiveness of local businesses;
- To create jobs and increase capital investment through business growth and expansion;
- To establish and implement strategic actions for local economic development; and
- To create a healthier and wealthier local economy.
- Industry Appreciation Week
- Sumter County Aid to Industry
- Industrial Skills Training at Central Carolina Technical College